1. The first ever written recipe is for beer. It was written into stone tablets over 5,000 years ago in the form of songs.
2. Get anxious about your pint running out? You have cenosillicaphobia, otherwise known as fear of an beer empty glass. Use that as a reason next time you want someone to but you a round.
3. King Hummurabi of the ancient kingdom on Babylon decreed that everyone was to have a daily ration of beer which would be decided by their social status. It is one of the oldest laws in the world.
He also decreed that women would be drowned if they served bad beer.
4. China drinks the most beer of any country in the world but the Czech Republic drinks the most beer per head of population.
5. In 19th century Munich breastfeeding mothers would drink up to 7 pints a day in the belief that it was good for their children.
Hoppy weekend everyone.
|Don Julio Anejo 70cl||£32.99||46%|
|Tia Maria Liqueur 70cl||£13.00||45%|
|Dalwhinnie Winter's Gold 70cl||£25.00||44%|
|Woodford Reserve Bourbon 70cl||£20.00||43%|
|Jack Daniels Tennessee 70cl||£16.00||42%|
|Captain Morgan's Spiced 1l||£16.00||42%|
|Baileys Irish Cream 50cl||£12.00||41%|
|Baileys Irish Cream 1l||£12.00||40%|
|Don Julio Reposado 70cl||£32.49||39%|
|Mumm Cordon Rouge 75cl||£22.00||39%|