The weekend is very nearly upon us, And here at Bring a Bottle we want to make sure you set off in style.
Last week we shared our gin tarragon lemonade with you, and after popular demand we will be getting the little black cocktail book out for a second week running.
On the menu for you this weekend is:
Watermelon Tequila Cocktails
This is the perfect way to serve up any left over watermelon: fresh watermelon juice with silver tequila, blueberries, mint and fresh lime juice.
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 8 cups diced seedless watermelon (1 pound)
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 3/4 cups blueberries
- 3/4 cup lightly packed fresh mint leaves, plus 8 sprigs for garnish
- 1 1/4 cups silver tequila
- Plenty of ice
- In a small saucepan, bring the water to a simmer with the sugar and stir over moderate heat until the sugar is dissolved, which should take about 1 minute. Then leave the sugar syrup cool.
- In a blender, puree the watermelon until smooth. Set a fine-mesh strainer over a bowl and strain the watermelon juice, pressing gently on the solids to extract as much juice as possible. Discard the pulp.
- In a large jug, combine the sugar syrup with the lime juice, blueberries and mint leaves. Using a wooden spoon, lightly muddle the blueberries and mint. Add the watermelon juice and tequila. Refrigerate until chilled, which should take about 2 hours.
- Pour the cocktail into tall ice-filled glasses. Garnish with the mint sprigs and serve.
Bottoms up and have a good weekend!
Featured image credit: creative commons